A few years ago, just before my 19th birthday, I wrote a list of all the things I wanted to do before I turned 25. It’s now coming up to my 22nd birthday and I thought it was time for a review. If you fancy a read of the original post, you can find it here.
In that post, I wrote that I had quite a while before I turned 25… this time around, it’s not quite as far away! One of the main reasons I wanted to do this post is to see how different my life is now. I wrote the original one as a university student about to start second year. I’d just started my blog and was looking to fill my summer with something after a full on year of Uni.
Now, I’m a graduate, I’m one year into a job, living with my boyfriend and life looks a lot different. I have different goals and aspirations, some more serious and some just as trivial. I think when I turn 25, I might write a list of 30 more things I want to do before I’m 30. But for now, I’m going to review my 25 before 25 list to see what I’ve done and what I still have to do!
- Graduate – I completed this one about a year ago! This is one of my biggest achievements and I’m so proud of myself for doing it.
- Move out – I currently live with my boyfriend’s family but we have plans to move out in the next year or so, so finger’s crossed for before 25.
- Pass my driving test – I did this around 8 or 9 months after I wrote this list! This is another one of my biggest achievements; I used to be such a nervous driver so passing, and doing it first time, was such a surprise!
- Get a cat – I think this one needs to be changed to cat/dog. This is one of the first things we want to do once we move into our own home.
- Find a job I love – I was so lucky to find a job before I even finished Uni. I’ve been there a year and really enjoy it, but it’s not my dream job. I’m not 100% sure on what I want to do, and probably won’t be by 25 either, but I’m just happy to have a job I enjoy. I’m going to count this one as half complete!
- Go to Berlin – I have some many places I want to go to next year and I’m hoping Berlin is one of them!
- Go to an Ice-Bar – Right now, this seems to be a bit of a random addition to the list! I still want to go, but I don’t know if it’s top of my priorities at the moment. Perhaps I could find one in Berlin and get two ticked off in one go.
- Swim with Dolphins – Sadly, this was meant to be ticked off this year, but due to everything that’s happened, our holiday was cancelled so I won’t be swimming with any dolphins. We’re hoping to re-book at some point so fingers crossed I can do this then.
- Do a colour run – This was another one I wanted to do this year. I took up running at the start of this year, but a month or so in, I realised I hated it… I might give it another go, but if not, maybe I can do a colour-walk instead?
- Go camping – Now, I’m going to count camping at a festival as I think it’s still camping! I can’t say I loved it, but I’d happily to do it again and would love to go on an actual camping holiday!
- See Mount Vesuvius – This is so high on my bucket list! I was a history student and absolutely loved studying the classical civilisations. Going to Pompeii is something I would absolutely love to do and will hopefully be able to before I’m 25!
- Make a scrapbook – I’ve always wanted to do this and now I have! I’m in the process of compiling all my memories into three scrapbooks, one for each year of University, and I’d love to do a travel one too.
- Go to America – Again, this is so high on my bucket list. As I mentioned before, this is the holiday that’s been cancelled. Florida 2020 is no more, but hopefully I will be able to safely go to America at some point in the next few years.
- Get my own car – I’ve actually had two cars since I wrote this list!
- Put some blonde in my hair – I’m not sure why this was so important to me at the time that I had to include it on a list of things I absolutely wanted to do before I turned 25! I did add some colour to my hair that faded to a blonde tinge and I potentially want to bring some blonde in later this year…
- See the Northern Lights – I’m hoping to do this early next year! I promised my sister we’d go to Iceland for her birthday so, if everything works out as planned, this should be completed soon!
- Go on a girls holiday – My Iceland trip is hopefully going to be a cute girls holiday!
- Go to a festival – I’ve been to Latitude festival a couple of times and it’s a dream to go to Glastonbury!
- Volunteer with the elderly – Sadly, I haven’t found time to do this yet, but seeing this has reminded me how important it is to me and that I should make time for it.
- See Ed Sheeran live – I have done this! My boyfriend got me tickets for my birthday last year and, as we live close, we got to go to his homecoming gigs at the end of the Divide tour.
- Host a Christmas in my own house – We can do this once we get our house. I’d love to host our families for our first Christmas in our new home.
- Own a nice purse – Now I see this, I’m not sure why I included it; I don’t think I care too much about owning a nice purse, I’d much prefer to spend my money on a house! Maybe as a birthday treat though.
- See Matilda: The Musical – I did this at the end of my third year of Uni! My friends and I went to London to watch the musical and I loved it!
- Learn to make cocktails – I think I’m going to count this one but I’ve still got a way to go! I can make a pina colada and I have plenty of books and all the equipment, I just need to brush up on my practical skills a little bit!
- Keep blogging – This one answers itself! I am still blogging (although I had a little 1-2 year break!) and hopefully will continue to do so.
I think I’ve done quite well on my 25 before 25 list – 11.5 out of 25! I’ve got three years left and I’m hopeful I can fit all this into that time. A lot of it relies on me being able to move out and get my own home, which is actually my biggest current ambition. Even if I just did that before I turned 25 I would be happy!
Have you got any current goals? Anything you’ve recently ticked off?