Welcome to Week 5 of my Weekly Antics series!
This week has been BUSY! I’ve had so much going on that I’m barely finding time to sleep, let alone do anything else! I’ve been trying really hard to keep up with blog bits as I really don’t want to let it slip and I’m loving it at the moment but its becoming increasingly harder. However, I have enjoyed this week – I much prefer being busy to struggling to find things to fill my time.
- If you read last weeks (you can find it here if not), you’ll know that I had been in London to watch Taylor Swift at Wembley Stadium! I’m going to write a whole post about this so keep an eye out if you’re interested! So on Saturday, I had the morning in London after the concert. We didn’t have much time until our train and we were absolutely exhausted so we chilled in our hotel room and had a great breakfast! This is so unlike me and the rest of my nature but I feel a sense of calm in London and I love being there. I want to plan more nights away up in London soon!
- On my way back from London, I stopped in at my Dads. We went to my little brother’s school fete and then had a BBQ with my grandparents. I definitely don’t get to see that side of my family as much as I should but I had such a lovely afternoon with them.
- On Sunday, I worked my first proper shift at one of my jobs (I’m currently working 9-5 on weekdays and doing shift work at the weekends) and it was better than expected! Even though I was so tired from the long day before (four hours on trains and quite a bit of walking!), I loved the social aspect of bar work and I definitely improved on my pint-pulling skills.
- Monday was another day, another job! I had my first day at my 9-5 job. It’s the same work I was doing last summer and it was nice to be back to somewhere, doing something, I’m comfortable with.
- I’ve started reading a new book which was recommended to me by another blogger. It’s Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman and I’ve seen so many people loved it. *Update* I wrote this part on Monday, it’s now Wednesday and I finished the book! I read it so quickly but absolutely loved it! I’m going to write a review post of some of the books I’ve read so far this year and this one will definitely feature on it!
- Work has been going really well! I’ve started back at the company I worked for last summer and I was worried that I’d forgotten everything I’d picked up last year but surprisingly, after four days, I think I’m already back to where I was when I left! I’m so glad I’ve been able to pick it up again – I love working full-time and I can’t wait to finish Uni and finally start my life properly – give me a year or two after my last year of Uni and I’m sure I won’t be feeling that anymore!
- The weather in the UK has been absolutely incredible this week! Even though I’ve been sat in a office throughout the day, I’ve definitely appreciated the nice weather in the evenings more.
- Leading on from this, having lunch at work has become quite an important part of my week. Everyone in my office has lunch at difference times which usually means that we don’t eat together so I’ve gotten into the habit of grabbing a salad from the canteen and eating outside whilst reading my book. I know it’s a very small thing but I really enjoy and it’s nice to have some time alone to enjoy the outside whilst the weather is so lovely.
- I feel like I’ve grabbed control of my diet this week. I’ve been meaning to introduce a healthier lifestyle recently and I feel like this has been the week that has sort of come into practice. It’s not 100% there yet – I’m starting the gym next week – but I’ve introduced much more fruit and veg into my diet which I’m sure my body will thank me for, as well as my brain as it makes me feel so much better about myself. I’m definitely not going to be really strict on this – I’ve enjoyed a packet of Maltesers this week – but I’ll try a bit harder to make healthier food and lifestyle choices.
- Friday marked the end of my first week of full time work for the summer! I did enjoy it and managed to pick it all up from where I left off at the end of summer. I’ve got 12 weeks more ahead of me but I’m looking forward to building on my experience even more!
I hope you enjoyed this post! What have you been up to this week?