Welcome to Week 4 of my Weekly Antics series. I can’t believe I’ve been doing this for almost a month now – it’s gone so quickly! You can find last week’s post here if you fancy catching up!
This has been quite an exciting week! I’ve been relatively busy and had some big events on! I think this has been the first week since I’ve started this series that I’ve neglected writing blog posts but I’ve been trying to engage more on social media which has been fun, too! But instead of blogging, I’ve spent a lot of time with friends and family which has been just as rewarding.
- On Saturday, myself, my mum and my sister popped into town to do a bit of Father’s Day shopping. I’d already sorted mine out so I didn’t have to get anything for my Dad but I finally bought a reusable water bottle which I’d been meaning to do for ages. I was one of those people that reused plastic bottles but I decided to just buy a proper one and make the effort to wash it up and cut down on my plastic usage. I’m sure the novelty will wear off and it will become just a water bottle but at the moment, I’m loving just carrying it around with me!
- When we were back from shopping, my sister asked me to be in some photos for her GCSE media coursework. I think I was meant to look like a spy, but I swear I was actually channelling Nessa from Gavin & Stacey instead! Not a bad thing, but not quite my style!
- Sunday was Father’s Day and my Dad was on holiday so I didn’t see him but we did go for a meal with my Grandad and the rest of the family! We went to one of our favourite Indian buffet restaurants and it was nice to see my cousins as we don’t see each other as often as we used to.
- Monday was really productive for me! I had been planning to start work but my start date got pushed back so instead, I stayed in bed all morning but typed up a few blog posts, did some work on my dissertation and worked on finding some healthy lunch ideas for when I do eventually get to work! Pretty successful!
- As my start date was pushed back, I actually got to see my boyfriend earlier than expected! The original plan was for him to come to see me on Tuesday evening until Wednesday evening but it actually worked out that he could come on Tuesday during the day and I could stay with him until Friday! Only a small thing but it definitely made my week a lot happier!
- Leading on from this, as we had more time, we decided to have a little date night. We went to see Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom at the cinema as we enjoyed the first film so wanted to see this one, too. I wouldn’t say it was incredible but it was a good film. I found it quite funny at parts, as well as a bit emotional, and would recommend watching it. I was most happy about the Tango Ice Blast to be honest! We also went to Wetherspoons for dinner (if you’ve read all of my weekly posts, you’ll know that I discovered that there was a Wetherspoons down the road from me – I’ve now been there for dinner on one night each week since then!) and made it home to watch Love Island – my perfect date really!
- On Wednesday morning, I had an appointment to get my hair done. I hadn’t had my hair professionally dyed for absolutely ages and I’ve had my standard all-brown hair for quite a while now. I wasn’t 100% sure on what I wanted but I did know I wanted some sort of balayage style! I didn’t know whether I wanted red toned or blonde but I went for red-toned. It isn’t exactly how I wanted it but I do actually quite like it and I’m getting used to it! I’m thinking of maybe going more caramel toned next time but for now, it’s slightly red which I do love! I did have a little panic half way through where I thought I was going to have bright orange hair but I can confirm, it’s definitely not! I’m thinking of doing a ‘new hair’ post so if you want to see it, keep an eye out for that.
- After I had my hair done, my boyfriend and I headed back to his house as I needed to be in the area for something that was happening at the end of the week. We met up with a mutual friend and they played around with their cars for a bit. We went to the gym and had a little reminisce about high school as we realised it was four years since one of my parties. Looking back now, it’s strange to think about how different things are and how much we’ve all done since then. I’ve completed two years of Sixth Form and two years of Uni which seems absolutely mad!
- On Thursday, my boyfriend had to work so I was left alone at his house for the day. It was actually really nice to just have some time alone. I wrote some blog posts, prepared for the next day (a very exciting day!) and read my book. I’ve been getting back into the swing of reading for pleasure (I find it hard to do this at Uni as I have the mentality that if I’m reading for pleasure, I could be reading for my course) and I’m really enjoying it. I’m hoping to get some book reviews up on the blog soon!
- I write these throughout the week but finish them on the Friday before I post. However, this Friday is super exciting – I’m going to see Taylor Swift at Wembley Stadium! I’ll get this up before I set off (very soon!) and I’m going to do a whole post all about the experience and my love for Taylor but this is going to be an incredible part of the week! To be continued…
I hope you enjoyed my ramblings this week! Next week is going to be mostly filled with work so I’ll have to pay attention to the smaller things in life!
How was your week?