Welcome to the third instalment of my Weekly Antics series! You can find last week’s post here!
These posts run Friday-Friday as I like to prepare for the weekend by recounting my week on a Friday evening. It may seem odd to start on a Saturday but that’s why! Sorry this post is a little later than normal today – I’ve had a busy day today!
This has been a good week – perhaps a calm before the storm. I’ve been relatively busy and had a lot of enjoyable things going on but the next few weeks – or months, really – are going to be full-on!
- On Saturday, my Mum and I popped into town to run a few errands. We got some keys cut, sorted out a problem with a piece of jewellery and had a mooch around the shops. It was a pretty chilled day but it was nice to get out and have a wander! We actually picked up some amazing cakes which I featured on my Insta – I’m over at @alexfaithblog if you’re interested!
- I got my eyebrows threaded for the first time! For years, I’ve been dealing with my brows myself – plucking and trimming them how I thought best. However, when I popped into Superdrug and saw they had a threading service, I thought that for £7, I might as well give it a go! I’m so happy with them and think I’ll head there from now on instead of trying to tackle them myself! To have neat, fresh brows has actually made me feel so happy and even quite good about myself – it’s the small things!
- I spent Sunday doing blog stuff! I dedicated the day to taking some pictures, writing up some posts and getting involved in comment threads. It was really nice to just have a day where I focused completely on blogging!
- Monday was also a blog-filled day. I’m waiting to start work (Next Monday is my start date!) so I spent the day planning posts, writing them up and taking pictures. Photography has always been my blogging weakness – I enjoy it but I struggle with trying to make everything perfect which makes it harder – but recently, I’ve been trying harder and I’m so much happier with the results!
- I went to visit my boyfriend for a few days. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this before but we live about an hour and a half away from each other after I had to move a few years ago – we have plans to move in together next year but it’s slightly long distance for now! I went to the gym with him and some of our friends on Monday and I always dread it until I get there! It’s not my favourite gym as the one I’m used to has so much more equipment but I do enjoy the cross-trainer and bike! There’s a gym at work so I’m excited to get back into properly using the gym soon!
- We went to Norwich on Tuesday. My boyfriend was without his car for a few days so his sister drove us up there. We got some lunch and spent the afternoon shopping which was really nice! I didn’t buy much as I’ve done quite a lot of shopping recently (oops) but I love spending time in Norwich as it used to be my closest city!
- This sounds like an irrelevant part of my week but it’s actually made me really happy! As I said, I’ve done quite a bit of shopping recently but I bought a few bits which were out of my comfort zone and a bit of a different style for me – the clothes I always wanted to wear/the style I wanted to have, but never had the confidence to pull it off. I’ve been wearing them all week and felt really happy about it! I feel like I’ve been embracing the style I want to have and just wearing what makes me feel happy! It’s nice to have had a whole week like that!
- I watched a great show on Netflix called Safe! I started it at the beginning of the week and finished it on Wednesday – it got me hooked! It was such a good story and I loved that it was British, too. I really recommend it if you’re looking for a crime/mystery show to watch!
- One of my best friends, who I’e known since school, came up to visit me. We haven’t seen each other since New Year’s Eve and we popped out for lunch, had a catch up in the garden with some ice-cream and went for dinner with my sister. It was so lovely to spend time with one of my best friends – even though work and Uni keep us apart for most of the year, we still try to make time for each other and make sure we get our catch-ups in here and there!
- More on that note, we spent an hour or so going through old pictures, dating back to 2011, showing memories of our school years and the big life events that we’ve experienced since then. It’s so nice to reminisce with someone you’ve known for so long and experienced so much with – I’m sure in 5 years time we’ll have even more to look at!
I hope you enjoyed this post! Next week I start work so I’m definitely going to focus on the smaller stuff to make me reflect on everything I’ve actually done during the week – not just the hours I’ve spent at my desk!
I hope you’ve had a lovely week, let me know what you’ve been up to in the comments!