Welcome to the second instalment of my Weekly Antics series! You can read the first post about last week here.
My Weekly Antics series is where I note down the things that made up my week – good, bad and potentially irrelevant, too – every Friday evening!
This has been a bit of an odd week! It’s been exciting but stressful and challenging, too.
- On Saturday, I went back to my Uni house to move out. However, I had a few days to spend some time with the girls I was living with. We went out for a Nandos and ended up going on a night out which was so much fun! It was great to spend some time with them before we had to part ways. Also, who doesn’t love a Nandos!?
- As I said, I moved out of my second year Uni house! Second year is finally, and officially, over and I packed up all the stuff I’d accumulated over the year (there was A LOT) and piled it all into the car. It came with injuries (a broken nail and bruised thumb) and a few arguments (my boyfriend and I disagreed on how to pack the car up) but we did it and I’m home for the summer! As much as I enjoyed second year, I’m glad to be home for a good few months. I wrote a post on my second year of Uni which you can find here if you’re interested.
- On a similar note, I had to say goodbye to some of my friends when I moved out. Some of the girls were leaving to do a year abroad or a year in industry whereas I was coming back to complete my third and final year so it was weird saying our farewells after a year of living together. I even had to say goodbye to one of my dearest friends after living with her in first and second year. She’s jetting off to France for her year abroad and it was very odd saying goodbye without knowing when we were next going to see each other. There’s been many emotions this week!
- I mentioned last week that I got a job! I was really excited but this week, I got a call offering me another job. Although this sounds fab, I was so stressed trying to figure out what I wanted and what was best for me. I had to make a hard phone call and reject the first job. But, now I’m starting new work which I’m really looking forward to!
- I’ve started reading a new book. One of my goals for the rest of this year is to read more and I have such a long list of books I want to get through. Despite the loooong list, I bought myself a new book – Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult – and I’ve been really enjoying it.
- Love Island has started again! I’ve sat and watched it every night and I’m absolutely obsessed! I feel like you either love it or hate it but I absolutely love sitting down each night and catching up on the couples and their antics!
- I found out that there’s a Wetherspoons about 10 minutes down the road from me. I live in the middle of nowhere so to find out there’s a ‘spoons within quick driving distance was life-changing (maybe not life-changing but still it was still a fab discovery)! My boyfriend and I visited on Tuesday evening and as I drove us there, it was the first time he could have a drink with dinner but I couldn’t which was an odd experience after four years of him driving everywhere!
- Thursday was my last day of ‘freedom’ (for lack of a better word) before I start to work for the summer. Although it wasn’t particularly sunny, I sat outside and typed up a few blog posts and just enjoyed not being sat in the house.
- I actually used some sort of fake tan for the first time this week! I’ve been wanting to try it out for a while but I was always too scared of becoming one of those tan-gone-wrong horror stories you hear about. However, I started with a little gradual tan moisturiser and I really liked the results! I can’t say that I’m going to religiously keep up with it because I don’t know if I can be bothered with the maintenance but I think I’m going to try a tan mousse or something along those lines soon!
- I had my first shift at my new job! I pulled my first pint and started to learn the ropes. Mainly, I was looking forward to the social aspect of working and I definitely got that. It was so nice to chat the the locals whilst working and I’m so excited for my next shift.
I hope you enjoyed this post! I’m really enjoying keeping up with this series and hopefully, by the end of the year, I’ll have documented what I’ve been up to for the whole year and it’ll be so nice to look back on.
What have you been up to this week?