I really want to start a new series on my blog detailing my week and what I’ve been up to – like a little diary, if you will. Starting this week, I’m going to pick 10 different moments, things, or memories from the past week and note them right here.
I think there’s so many little things that go on during my week that end up passing me by and I really want to document them. So, hopefully, every Friday, there should be a new Weekly Antics post that, most likely, will include my ramblings on what I’ve been up to in the past week.
(Note: I got this idea from my friend Lizzie, check out her blog here!)
- This was the week that I really got back into my blog. After finishing my second year of University and becoming free until September, I decided to reinvest mys time into my blog, writing posts and taking pictures. Since then, I’ve had so many new ideas, written quite a few posts and even had some photo shoots for upcoming posts. Keep an eye out for some style and advice posts coming soon! Also, check out my most recent posts, too!
- It was Bank Holiday Monday in the UK. I had a great lay in and visited a garden centre near me with my family. We picked up some carrot cake which was incredible and I bought some chocolate cookies to take to my boyfriend.
- Whilst I was out on Monday, I found some Garden Sweet Pea Yankee Candles. I’ve been looking for this scent for years after I found it once so long ago and could never find it again. It actually made my day and I’m so happy to have it back in my life again!
- Since passing my driving test in March, I’ve been driving around a lot more this week and trying to bring my confidence up. I completed the longest journey I’ve done on my own so far (only about half an hour but I was still very proud of myself), tried out a dual carriageway and taken my sister for lunch and a shopping trip. An all-round driving success for this week!
- I went to visit my boyfriend and we had a shopping trip in Norwich. Although I only bought a lipstick, it was so nice to head back to my old stomping ground, get some lunch and spend a day with my favourite person.
- We also went for dinner that evening which was fab! If you live in the South Norfolk area, we went to Smoky Joe’s in Bungay. We shared some nachos and I had a burger and curly fries with a Sex on the Beach cocktail. We’ve been before and this time was just as good as the first. You get so much food and it’s super affordable. I think it’s becoming one of our favourite places to eat.
- I’ve been obsessed with Love Island! Even though I’ve watched Season 2 already, my sister and I went through and watched all the Weekly Hotlists. I’m so so excited for Season 4 to start on Monday!
- I got a summer job! After a few weeks of applications, interviews and rejections, I finally secured a job for the summer. I can’t wait to be able to get out of the house, meet new people and spend another summer earning my own money! I’m going to be doing an advice post on summer jobs so if you’re interested, keep an eye out!
- I’ve had quite a body positive week. I’ve been feeling a bit crappy recently and this week brought a few days of happiness and positivity. I tried on some clothes, bought a new pair of trousers and even took some photos for a style post and didn’t hate the pictures! This is a huge success for me and one of the best things to come out of this week.
- I’ve been absolutely loving Instagram. I’ve been uploading so much more than usual and finding different shots that would be perfect for the ‘gram. If you fancy having a look at my profile, you can find me at @alexfaithblog.
Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed this post – please let me know if you did! I’ve been wanting to find a way to keep a series going as well as produce little life updates and diary-like memories for myself so I hope I can continue this along. If you fancy doing something similar, I definitely recommend it. It’s been so nice to sit down at the end of the week and reflect on what’s happened. I’d love to know if you do write a post like this yourself!