As I said in my last post, it seems like everything I do at the moment has something to do with autumn! But, I love it and I’m really going to try and get everything out of this season as I possibly can – it’s one of my most favourite times of the year!
Today, I wanted to give you my list of autumnal themed date ideas. I’ve found that when the weather starts to get a little colder, it’s harder to think of dates that don’t involve spending a lot of money or just staying inside – the trusty trip to the beach or ice-cream adventure don’t work as well with this weather!
Some of these are a mix between cheap and slightly more expensive. I’ve tried to include activities and ideas that would satisfy everyone – those who like to be outside as well those that prefer a cosy indoors date (me!) – and everything I’ve listed is something I would love to do, or have done, on a date, too.
- Pumpkin Carving – not too expensive and could lead to a competition of whose is the best!
- Coffee shop date – find a cute coffee shop, grab a drink and just sit and chat for a while – a no phone rule is something I like to do, too.
- Baking – there’s something fun about baking with your partner – pop a bit of music on and bake some sugary snacks!
- Film marathon – I would personally choose Harry Potter but pick any series, or just a bunch of your favourite films and spend the day under a blanket binge watching them all.
- Picnic… with blankets – head to your local park, take a picnic and to combat the cold, wrap up warm and take some blankets to snuggle up in!
- Watch the fireworks – with Bonfire Night coming up, find your nearest firework display and spend the evening warming up by the bonfire and watching the fireworks.
- Go for a bike ride – although summer is usually a good time for this, I prefer to go in the colder weather as then I don’t get too warm!
- Find some events near you – I recently went to Warwick Castle (post coming soon!) which was a bit more pricey but definitely worth it and it was such a lovely day out!
- Watch a sports game – tickets don’t have to be too expensive if you look around for the best deal and if you like this sort of thing, it would be a great date!
- Good ol’ dinner and a movie – nothing beats dinner and a trip to the cinema! Also a good date when you’re not great at dealing with the cold.
- Go for a walk – sometimes there’s nothing better than a crisp, autumn walk!
– a picture from our trip to Warwick Castle –
I hope you enjoyed these date ideas! I’m excited for the rest of November to enjoy the rest of autumn before it gets even colder! If you have any other ideas, I’d love to hear them.